Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Shoot Out: Skylines

One of the things I hate about blogger is that I can't cut & paste in my post...or at least I haven't figured out how to do it. So go here http://www.mytownshootout.blogspot.com to read about this week's theme, Skylines.

If you are familiar at all with the weather we are having here in the PNW you will know that these photos were not taken this week. We have had rain, wind, thunder & lightening, and combine that with high tides and a big swell today for flooding as well. So to the archives I go!

This skyline is the dock area, taken from a dock.


Here is another shot at the docks showing where the crabbers/shrimpers/fisherman offload their catch, as well as some private and charter boats.

This shot was taken at Bottle Beach, looking back to Westport.


This is from Bottle Beach as well, looking inland.


If you enlarge this one, you can see that my kids are watching Coast Guard maneuvers out on the bay. You might be able to see the Olympic Mountain range as well.


This skyline shows the hills behind Grayland, which is a gathering spot in case of a tsunami.


This skyline shows the South Jetty, separating the Pacific Ocean and the Grays Harbor bay.


Thanks for checking out the skylines of the Westport, WA area.
Comments are most welcome!

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Such wide open spaces, a great place for kids to mess around! I love the Bottle Beach estuary pic; sometimes we take our canoe on the estuaries west of here.

Gordon said...

I think my favorite is Bottle Beach. Is it so named for the bottles floating in or because of memorable drinking parties.

Scriptor Senex said...

Some great photos. I love travelling around the world like this.
Wonder why your cut and paste isn't working? In theory you should just be able to use the left mouse button to highlight what you want to move, right click and cut and then go to where you want it and right click again and paste. But I expect you knew that. If you tell me exactly what the problem is (is is text or photos and do you use 'Compose' or 'Edit HTML') I might be able to help - clivejedwards@btinternet.com

GingerV said...

oh I enjoyed that. good shots, and I enjoyed your commentary alos. I like the shot looking inland, have a great weekend

Mary said...

Enjoyed your pictures. Our weather hasn't been cooperating for photos either.

Carrie said...

Gordon - there is a story behind the name but I can't remember the details. Something to do with a settlement that was there, not drinking parties!

Kerry - the estuaries are very popular places for canoes & kayaks...there is a race every year, too!

Patience-please said...

I love them all, but especially the Bottle Island shots!

Wonderful

Natalie Que said...

Thanks for your sweet comment Carrie, I appreciate that you thought of me in my absence! That was really nice of you. And YES, they are totally zappers!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

sh!!!!! I cut and paste my photos, some anyway.

To do this,
You click on your photo, usually on the right top hand corner,
there is a "Phot Manager"
Click on it.
Then it comes with a rectangle with lots of things you can do.
click on "Modify"
then there will be a rectangle with lots of thngs on,
click on "Crop"
this is how you cut and paste.

You may also like to "resize"
This is advisible so people don't steal your photos. I usually do it to 800.

Then you "save as" (name your photo)

Good luck.